Totally necessary extra large gif of Tyler Hoechlin’s face for reasons.
i am that person who constantly jiggles their leg i’m s orry
Click for all types of gifs! (You won’t regret it) ♡
There comes a time, every year when you’re up at 4am wondering what’s next. It happens to the best of us, and if you look at the posts of some of the more famous production people on Tumblr, it happens no matter where you are in life. This month I am in Pre-production. Pre-production for the rest of this year, and seemingly on endless projects that all want to film the same week, in the summer, for no money. But we take them because what are we going to do? Get a real job while we wait for things to happen?
But I made a list of things of 6 things to help you. Maybe not to sleep, but at least if you wake up, know that you’ve done what you’ve can.
1. Cut down on the caffeine. More than likely the reason you’re awake at 4 am or earlier, is you’ve been drinking coffee or tea the entire day, even to 6 pm and it’s not out of your system by the time you’re attempting sleep. Limit yourself to waking up in the morning and one cup to keep you going in the afternoon.
2. To do lists: Being an AD, I love writing lists and crossing them off. It’s productive even at the smallest of levels. Paid bills, organized closet, clean AD kit. All things to help prep and ready you for the next job when you land it. Finish one thing completely and move on.
3. Open windows: Because sun is empowering.
4. Reach out: Check in with those who hired you the most last year, write an email to stay in touch. Keep it light and pleasant, thank them for the work you had, and check in about what could be coming up. No more than once every other month.
5. Push off the things that are taking up energy: Your friend’s new fool proof plan to get millions from the movie that they just can’t seem to write, but they’d like you to find funding. The short film of the guy you met at networking, who needs eager people to work for free, believing in his movie. Try to sift through and if you’re not passionate about it, firmly turn it down and move on. I’m a big believer in freeing yourself up for something good to come into your life.
6: Pick out a movie to watch: Everyone needs me time, and I find what drives my passion the most is re-watching, or watching movies that excite me.Movies that remind me why I wake up at 0-dark-30 and drive into the middle of the woods in winter to work.
I don’t profess to have this down pat. It’s 4 am right now and I’m pretty sure, it’ll be 4 am tomorrow when I’m writing the next post. But I plan on starting the list this week.